Submission Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020 (All documents must be postmarked on or before that date).
Click here for the application.
The Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship offers a $5,000 scholarship to at least five high school seniors in San Diego County. A second scholarship of $5,000 can also be earned, provided the recipient remains in good academic standing following the first year of college, for a total possible scholarship award of $10,000.
The nominee must have demonstrated an ability to overcome personal obstacles associated with drugs or alcohol, a strong commitment to athletics and a desire to continue personal growth and development through higher education. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but academic growth will be considered.
The following is a description of the scholarship, nomination criteria and submission process.
- One-year scholarship for $5,000 for the school year September 2020 - June 2021
- Scholarship recipients who remain in academic standing following their first year of college will earn an additional $5,000 scholarship for their second year of college
- Eligible expenses include college tuition, books and on-campus housing
- Recipients will be required to keep in periodic communication with the SDSA to report on their progress
- High school senior who will enroll in either a two- or four-year college
- Has overcome personal obstacles and troubles in life associated with drugs or alcohol
- Demonstrated athletic achievement and participation in organized sports
- Demonstrated leadership ability and demonstrated personal responsibility
- Demonstrated academic growth
- Demonstrated financial need
- Has a strong commitment to setting and reaching life goals
- All submissions must include: the completed nomination form, a copy of the student’s high school transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or counselor. The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee’s behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
- All nominations should be submitted by a coach, teacher, counselor or principal
Please submit application packets to:
San Diego Sports Association
Attn: Bill Johnston
3840 Via De La Valle, Suite 300
Del Mar, CA 92014