YMCA Character Builders
Licensed Child Care
Mission Valley YMCA offers:
- Quality, affordable and dependable care
- Based at child's school
- Safe, controlled environment
- Licensed by Child Care Licensing Division of the California Department of Social Services
- Educational and enriching
- Arts & crafts
- Homework time
- Team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor activities
- Field trips
- Snack provided
Characters Builders Staff
Licensed by the State of California,YMCA Before - and After -School Child Care is regulated by health, safety andprogram quality standards. Staff must be 18 years old, have completed 12college credits in child care related fields and undergone live scanfingerprint, physical & TB tests, child abuse and criminal recordclearances. Staff are also required to be First Aid and CPR certified.
Character Builders Fees
Fees have been calculated based upon anannualized rate of the total number of program days and divided into 10 equalmonthly payments regardless of the number of school days per month of service.Fees cover all minimum days and parent/teacher conferences.
Full-time is considered 3 or more days per week; Part-time is considered 2 orless days per week.
Character Builders Pricing Options
- FullTime (3+ days a week) $181 a month
- PartTime (1-2 days a week) $125 a month
- FullTime (3+days a week) $278 a month
- PartTime (1-2 days a week) $201 a month
Before & AfterSchool:
- FullTime (3+ days a week) $459 a month
- PartTime (1-2 days a week) $326 a month
- $141 a month
1. YMCA Childcare Resource Service – 619-521-3055
2. Child Development Associates – (San DiegoOffice) 619-574-6287; (Main Office South County) 619-427-4411
3. Health and Human Services (County of San Diego)
Families have to receive approval fromthese agencies in order to have their child care paid for. This process cantake some time, usually a month or two. Also, the agencies may not pay the fullcost of the program and the families may have a “family fee” which isconsidered a co-payment.
Another option is our own FinancialAssistance program through the Mission Valley YMCA.
- Janel Sanders: Longfellow CharacterBuilders Supervisor; (e) firstname.lastname@example.org (p) 619 666 1284
- Tanya Ridaura: TK LongfellowCharacter Builders Supervisor; (e) email@example.com (p) 619 666 1284
- Karin Cabalo: Character BuildersProgram Coordinator; (e) firstname.lastname@example.org (p) 619 666 2105
6:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.