How Can I Help My Child At Home?
Read To Your Child in Either Language:
- Ask them to retell the story using words like first, then, finally.
- Ask them to describe the setting.
- Ask them to identify the problem and solution.
- Set time aside for your child to read to you in Spanish.
Understand the Grade Level Reading Expectations:
- SDUSD Grade Level Reading Expectations and Reading Assessment Crosswalk
- SDUSD Instructional Reading Levels Correlation Chart
Tools for Parents
- Supporting Readers at home PPT
- Palabras de Uso Frecuente - Kindergarten and First Grade
- Kindergarten / 1st Grade Parent Learning Series #1 PPT
Know How Language Acquisition is Assessed:
Help Your Student Practice At Home:
- Practice the alphabet
- Practice the letter sounds
- Practice the numbers 1-30
- Practicice the Kindergarten and First Grade high frequency words in Spanish
- Kinder High Frequency Words (HFW)
- Kinder Phonics
- 1st Grade High Frequency Words (HFW)
- 1st Grade Phonics