Office of Language Acquisition
- Students will develop high levels of proficiency in their primary language and a second language.
- Academic performance will be at or above grade level in all content areas.
- Students will attain the Pathway to Biliteracy Awards in Kindergarten, 5th and 8th grade and the SDUSD Seal of Biliteracy in 12th grade.
- Students will demonstrate positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors.
For additional information, please visit Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education.
For additional information about the Office of Language Acquisition, please visit the Office of Language Acquisition Web Site.
One-Way Foreign Language Immersion
Foreign language immersion programs, also referred to as One-Way Immersion programs, are designed for English speaking students to acquire a second language. They vary in intensity and structure according to the model implemented. Schools in our district currently offering this program are:
- Barnard Elementary K-6, Mandarin Immersion
- Gage Elementary K-5, Spanish Immersion
- Language Academy K-8, French Immersion
- Longfellow K-8, Spanish Immersion
- John Muir Language Academy K-8, Spanish Immersion