Welcome to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Hey parents! You may have some questions about what the standards are, and what you can do to help at home.
First, start by watching this informative video about CCSS. Here are videos to watch about Smarter Balanced: One video from the California Department of Education. Another video from Washington State.
1. Click the green box entitled,“Student Interface: Practice andTraining Tests”.
2. Click, “Sign In”. (Do not enterany information on this page.)
3. Find the drop down arrow thatsays, “Select Grade”.
4. Select “4”. (or any grade you'd like to check out)
5. Click, “Yes”.
6. Click the box that says, “Start G4 MathPractice Test”.
7. Click “Select”. (Do not enter any information on this page.)
8. Click, “Yes, start my test”.
9. Take a moment and read all of the testinstructions and help commands.
10. When you’ve read to the bottom, click, “BeginTest Now”.
11. Answer question #1. Do NOT click “save” at the top.
12. If you get a blank screen, click “zoomin”. That should help.
13. Click the “next” arrow at the top, left handcorner to more to the next problem.
14. Continue until the end.
16. Now, start over andtry the ELA test and the Performance Tasks.