This week we are featuring beloved, dedicated kindergarten teacher, Jody Marshak!
1. How long have you been at Loma Portal?
2. How long have you been a teacher?
3. What is your favorite thing about our school?
Children, parents and the close community feeling. I love seeing and working with the different generations of families that come through our school and the connections that they have with Loma Portal. I am beginning to have children of former kindergarten students! I love being able to see my former students grow into adults and become caring and supportive parents.
4. What is the funniest thing a student has said to you?
I was teaching the kids how to write a sentence. I was telling them that we always write from left to right when writing words or sentences and we always start on the left side of the paper. One little boy asked why we had to always write on the left side and we can’t write other ways. Another little boy replied, “Because it is the American way!"
5. Where were you born and raised?
Long Island, New York
6. What are your hobbies?
Photography, scuba diving, crafts & hiking
7. What are two items on your bucket list?
Travel to Greece, bike tour/travel through Italian countryside.