This week we are highlighting fabulous, experienced 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Carolyn Naughton!
1. How long have you been a teacher at Loma Portal?
This is my 15th year teaching at Loma Portal.
2. How long have you been teaching?
I have been teaching for 17 years.
3. What is your favorite thing about our school?
4. What is something funny a student has said to you?
I love Loma Portal because of the wonderful parents, friendly staff, and amazing students. I feel we have such a special community here and have been honored to be part of it for so many years.
5. Where were you born and raised?
One time my classed missed our P.E. time because of a holiday. I told them we would be having make-up P.E. the next day. One of my little first grade girls raised her hand and said, "But Ms. Naughton, my Mommy doesn't let me wear make-up yet! Well, maybe just lip gloss!"
6. What are your hobbies?
I was born and raised in a small town in Northern California called Guerneville. When I lived there it had no stop lights, just 1 four-way stop sign.
7. What are some items on your 'bucket list?'
My hobbies are reading, going to the beach, walking, and spending time with my 2 kids as much as possible.
I hope to someday travel to Italy and Greece.