The school's playground consists of 1 Kindergarten structure and swings in the Kindergarten yard, and 3 age appropriate play structures for grades 1-4 on the upper fields. For safety and supervision, students should remain within the designated play area.
- Students line up on the blacktop with their class before school
- Teachers or designated adults bring students to the blacktop area for recess and bring them back to the classroom at the end of the recess period.
- Students should immediately kneel and freeze when the 1st whistle blows, then line up after the 2nd whistle.
- Students are to remain on the playground until time to return to class.
- Students may not run on the blacktop areas unless involved in an organized game.
- Students must use playground equipment in a safe manner and only when there is adult supervision.
- Students may only play school approved games.
- Fighting and intimidation are not allowed.
- All snacks, food, and drinks should be consumed in the snack area or lunch arbor. Healthy snacks only, please. Candy and high sugar drinks (i.e. soda) are NOT alowed to be consumed during the school day.
- Students are expected to respect one another and to follow game rules.
- Students should use the strategies in the LPE Wheel of Choice to resolve conflicts as much as possible: Ignore It, Give an "I" Statement, Move to Another Activity, Talk It Out, Take Deep Breaths, and/or Say "STOP".