The Loma Portal Elementary start and end times are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - 8:20 am to 2:40 pm
- Thursday - 8:20 am to 12:35 pm
The Principals in the Point Loma cluster collected feedback and concerns from our parent community and they are working together to develop strategies to support our families in the area of traffic safety, before/after school activities, and childcare.
Parents want to ensure their children can safely commute to and from school.
- Creating Safe Drivers - Point Loma High School will coordinate with the California Highway Patrol to implement “Every 15 Minutes” - a program designed to support teen drivers with issues related to traffic safety and driving while distracted.
- Reduced afternoon traffic on Chatsworth Blvd - Moving our end time from 3:20 pm to 2:40 pm will help students avoid the rush-hour traffic on Chatsworth associated with evening commuters leaving the area after work.
Child Care/After School Enrichment
Working parents have requested assistance with providing childcare for students afterschool. We explored a variety of ways we can assist families in this area:
- Klassic Kids Fee-Based Program – Klassic Kids will provide a one-hour after school program. For questions or to register for Klassic Kids please contact Amy De Meules at firstname.lastname@example.org
- YMCA PLAY Fee-Based Program - YMCA will provide an after school program for Loma Portal students. For questions regarding the YMCA after school program please contact Corey Robinson at 619-226-8888 or email@example.com
- Other Fee-Based Programs - Loma Portal partners with a variety of community groups to provide students with access to after school programs on campus. We have partnered with:
- Cheer/Dance - Charlene Dance
- Chess - Excelsior Chess
- Engineering & Robotics - Tech Know How
- French - Fully French
- Girl Scouts
- Golf - TGA Premier Junior Golf
- Hoops/Basketball - After School Hoops
- Spanish - Bilingual Kids