Welcome to the Loma Portal Library
The Mission of the Loma Portal library is to encourage and enhance literacy in the Loma Portal learning community.
To accomplish this mission the library program provides weekly and annual services.
- Every class receives a designated library time.
- Every class receives a story time or literature moment.
- Students learn and demonstrate library and research skills.
- Students have opportunity to browse and check out library materials.
- Students do library activities related to their library lesson.
- Provides a Book Swap area for the exchange of paperback books
- The library provides a Summer Reading Rewards program.
- Continues Loma Portal’s participation in the California Young Reader Medal program.
- The library provides a Family Literacy Night program that includes a free book distribution and storyteller.
- Promotes Loma Portal’s participation in Read Across America.
Exuberance and enthusiasm are always in abundance at the Loma Portal Library. Theme's of fantasy and fairy, or treasures to find, promotes the joys of leisure reading. Library Assistant, Mrs. Fenska has even become the Fairy Bookmother one year and a Pirate another, encouraging these themes.
If you would like to volunteer in the Library, (younger siblings can come too), contact Michelle Clark at email@example.com.