Everyone A Reader Program - A Huge Success!
Loma Portal’s Everyone A Reader Program won the Diamond Award, June 2006 and again June 2011 from the San Diego County Office of Education! This means we provide:
- consistent tutoring sessions three to four times a week
- good communication with staff, volunteers and parents
- an atmosphere for volunteers that is welcoming and informative
- a selection process for students based on criteria and assessment guidelines
- an organized system for managing materials and records
The Everyone A Reader program at Loma Portal provides one on one reading tutors to twenty four students every year. Twenty four tutors are trained and are committed to reading with our first, second and third grade students every week! The overall success is tremendous! Students develop a one on one relationship with a dedicated community member, they increased their self esteem in reading, and each student increases an average of four reading levels! Please consider committing to one and one half hours a week to tutor our amazing students and to be a part of this incredible program. ContactGayle Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or619-684-5165