How to Print from Chrome Book
At Lincoln HS, three types of printers have been used in the i-21 classrooms.
1. HP Laserjet 4250. (You can use the sample name 0344A-Rxxx-HP4250 and replace xxx to your classroom number. Test on one computer first. If it does not work, call me for the IP address.)
2. HP Laserjet P2055. (You can use the sample name 0344A-Rxxx-HP2055. Replace xxx to your classroom number.)
3. HP Laserjet Pro400. (You can use the sample name 0344A-Rxxx-HP401. Replace xxx to your classroom number.)
- The student signs in with your ID# and password
- Open Google Chrome
- At the top right corner, click on Menu (vertical three dots)
- Click Print, Change
- Click Manage, Printer, and Add Printer. If you see several AirPrinters in the screen, click Manual Add.
- In the Name box, type in the name of printer as the sample 1-3 above (ie. 0344A-R545-HP4250)
- In the Protocol box, must select LINE PRINTER DAEMON (LPD)
- Manufactory: HP
- Model: sroll down to find HP Laserjet 4250, HP Laserjet P2055, or HP laserjet Pro400 and select i.
- Click ADD
- Then Close the Setting window and others.
- Open Chrome again and find the document to print.
- Make sure to sign out.
Each student must add the printer him / herself and must use the same Chromebook.
- Type in your student’s email address i.e.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type in your ID# and password in the SDUSD log in screen
How to check the student password: