Junior Achievement (JA) program fosters work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills for highly mature and motivated sophomores and juniors with a weighted overall GPA of 3.0+. This program has been around for over 100 years and is offered in more than 130 countries. Shark Tank entrepreneurs, Mark Cubin and Lori are both JA alumni and they have contributed millions of dollars to the JA program.
Personal Finance explores the fundamental elements of personal finances: earnings, saving and investing, budgeting, credit, risk management, and giving. Students apply these elements to a personal financial plan that allows them to set specific goals for their lifelong financial needs and desired quality of life. (7 Sessions)
Career Success equips students with the knowledge required to get and keep a job in high-growth industries. Students will explore the crucial workplace skills employers seek but often find lacking in young employees. Students also will learn about valuable tools to find that perfect job, including resumes, cover letters, and interviewing techniques. Students take a personality test to determine likes and dislikes. (5 Sessions)
How to Apply
**APPLICANTS: READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY. Please note, only 32 qualified students are accepted into the JA program.
- Sophomore or Junior as of February 2019
- Weighted overall GPA of 3.0+
- Interest in business, finance & entrepreneurship
- Fill out the Application Form Two faculty recommendation forms (teachers only)
- Counselor recommendation letter
- Copy of transcript Copy of 2018-2019 attendance records
- Personal Essay (typed) – Include business, work and/or volunteer experience (if any). Describe your reason for applying to the JA program and your level of commitment. Describe how your teachers, peers and coaches would describe you. Check for spelling and grammar.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 by/before 1:15P to Ms. Farokhi (room 332). Don’t procrastinate – turn in your application early. Late applications will not be accepted for any reason, including death in the family, illness or personal problem. Please make arrangements for someone to drop off the application.
Notification of Acceptance:
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 in your period 3.
Applicant Decision Deadline:
Wednesday, February 27, 2019 by 1:15P to Ms. Farokhi (room 332).