The mission of Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) is “To motivate young people to be better citizens.”
- JROTC is a service to our nation, in that it provides Cadets the motivation and skills to improve physical fitness; remain drug free; think critically and creatively; communicate effectively; work as a team member; graduate from high school; pursue meaningful careers, especially in the areas of service, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM); and become successful citizens.
- JROTC works to instill in students in secondary educational institutions, the values of citizenship, service to the community and the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment. It incorporates 21st Century learning, supportive of school-wide expectations for learning results, promotes healthy lifestyles, develops leadership, strengthens positive self-motivation and enhances global awareness to include providing a historical perspective of military service.
- With successful completion of 3 or 4 years of Army JROTC, Cadets may qualify for advanced placement in SROTC, active DOD services, or Reserve Components of the Armed Forces.
- JROTC's mission fully supports our school's theme for this year, which centers around TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More).
All JROTC cadets will learn to:
- Appreciate the ethnical values that underlie good citizenship.
- Develop leadership potential and learn to live and work cooperatively with others.
- Understand ways to resist negative peer pressure and support others.
- Think logically and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Develop mental management abilities.
- Become familiar with military history as it relates to Americas culture and with the history, purpose, and structure of military services.
- Understand the importance of high school graduation for a successful future.
- Learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities and develop skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Appreciate the importance of physical education in maintaining good health. High quality physical education instruction contributes to fitness, wellness, and good nutrition, which are necessary to perform as a citizen and a leader. In the area of fitness, physical education develops fundamental and advanced motor skills, improves students’ self–confidence and provides opportunities for increased levels of physical fitness that are associated with high academic achievement. JROTC will teach you what you must do to be done to become fit and how to maintain adequate fitness.
Welcome to Lincoln.
Limuel Hunter, Jr.
Colonel (Ret), Senior Army Instructor
1st Sergeant (Ret), Army Instructor