If your child attends one of the following feeder schools, parents do not need to pre-register. A complete school packet will go home with your child within the first week of school. Inside the packet will be necessary documents that parents will need to look over and sign.
To register at Lewis it will take about an hour and you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of your residency. A recent (within the last 30 days) utility bill (gas, electric, sewer or cable); signed lease; military housing orders; or, recent documents addressed to you from social services
- Immunization records. State of CA Health Requirements No child will be admitted without proof of current immunization requirements.
- Recent report card
- Elective choices, a form will be provided during enrollment (see elective descriptions in Course Descriptions)
If you are new to the San Diego Unified School District you will need additional items:
- Birth certificate
- Standardized test scores (SBAC)
- Any other school records that would be helpful in your child's placement
The deadline for Enrollment Options (Choice, VEEP) was February 15, 2016 for the school year 2016-2017.
If you live outside the Lewis Middle School attendance boundaries and are not currently enrolled at Lewis, you would have had to fill out and submit an Enrollment Options application by the February 15, 2016, 5 P.M. deadline. Accepted applicants were notified by the San Diego Unified School District Neighborhood Schools Enrollment Options Department in May.
If you are NEW to the San Diego Unified School District (after February 15, 2016), applications will still be accepted by the district & may be obtained online at www.sandi.net/enrollmentoptions/applications/online. Applications are also available in Vietnamese.