If your child attends one of the following feeder schools, parents do not need to pre-register. A complete school packet will go home with your child within the first week of school. Inside the packet will be necessary documents that parents will need to look over and sign.
To register at Lewis it will take about an hour and you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of your residency. A recent (within the last 30 days) utility bill (gas, electric, sewer or cable); signed lease; military housing orders; or, recent documents addressed to you from social services
- Immunization records. State of CA Health Requirements No child will be admitted without proof of current immunization requirements.
- Recent report card
- Elective choices, a form will be provided during enrollment
If you are new to the San Diego Unified School District, visit new-student-online-enrollment and you will need to bring additional items to Lewis:
- Birth certificate
- Standardized test scores (CAASPP)
- Any other school records that would be helpful in your child's placement
Enrollment Options (CHOICE) information for the following school year can be found on the Enrollment Options Webpage.
If you live outside the Lewis Middle School attendance boundaries and are not currently enrolled at Lewis, you would have had to fill out and submit an Enrollment Options application by the San Diego Unified School District deadline in November. Accepted applicants are notified by the San Diego Unified School District Neighborhood Schools Enrollment Options Department and Lewis Middle School in May.
If you are NEW to the San Diego Unified School District, applications will still be accepted by the district & may be obtained online at https://www.sandiegounified.org/school-choice-application. Applications are also available in Vietnamese.