Kylee Newman, RN
Sonia Wright, Health Technician on Friday
New Immunization Law SB 277
In effect as of January 1, 2016
Please note: No shots = No school
***Please bring a complete immunization record to enrollment appointment, or we will not be able to complete enrollment at that time***
- Personal belief exemptions (including philosophical and religious exemptions) are no longer accepted for entrance into California schools.
- Properly completed personal beliefs exemption on file for a child already attending child care or school in California will remain valid until the child reaches the next immunization checkpoint at kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) or 7th grade.
- Personal belief exemption filed from another state or country is not valid if student is transferring to a California school after January 1, 2016.
- Properly completed medical exemptions for immunizations will be allowed for students when it has been issued by a licensed physician.
- Students who do not have a valid personal belief exemption cannot register for school in California unless they show proof of obtaining the required vaccines for their age.
· For more information about SB 277, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at: http://www.shotsforschool.org/laws/sb277faq/
- A doctor’s note will be required after 3 consecutive days of illness
- Physician's Recommendations For Medication
Form to take medications at school
- Asthma Action Plan (English)
Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
Form to carry an asthma inhaler
- Parent Consent - Management of Diabetes at School and School Sponsored Event (English)
Parent Consent - Management of Diabetes at School and School Sponsored Event (Spanish)
Diabetic care at school
- Blood Glucose Testing Algorithms (coming soon)
Diabetes blood glucose test form
- New Tdap Law
- CVS Consent Form for Tdap vaccine
Consent form to be vaccinated on June 2 for tDap at La Jolla High School