Topics will include:
- How to make an effective pro/con list to assist your decision-making
- Evaluating financial aid award packages. What to look for, how to appeal an award and diplomatically ask for more if needed.
- What to do if you are placed on a wait list.
- Can you appeal your rejection? If so, how is that done?
- What to expect and look for during Orientation.
- How to handle academic advising – especially around AP credits and placement testing.
- Tips for a successful final campus visit.
- How to handle an offer of spring or sophomore year admission.
- Tips for a successful transition to college – move-in day and beyond.
- Legal forms every family should have on file (from Health Directives to Financial Power of Attorney).
- Academic advice to complete a successful freshman year.
This program covers a lot of information in a short amount of time – important items for both students and parents. Hope to see you!