APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP AT THE START OF EACH SEMESTER IN THE COUNSELING OFFICE. :)
CSF Advisor Website: https://sites.google.com/a/sandi.net/marin-rodriguez/
All information is located on the CSF application. Please pay close attention to the deadlines.
Important Information: Membership in CSF is based on the grade that you earned in any qualifying course from List I, II, or III found on the back of the CSF application form.
Grades calculate into points required for membership.
FYI: CSF BY-LAWS:
- Do not allow us to make membership retroactive.
- Do not allow a student to miss deadlines, based on absence, forgetfulness, not-knowing etc. School Bulletins, PTA Newsletters, are all vehicles for disseminating information. Bulletins are also available on the LJHS website.
- A student is eligible to become a member after a student completes his/her first semester as a sophomore, and is encouraged to apply at that time.
- To be a CSF Lifetime member, a student must be a member in CSF for 4 semesters, one of which MUST be the first semester of his/her senior year. It is not possible to calculate grades, applications, and fees by the time a student graduates if the student is counting on the second semester.
ACTIVE VS. INACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
- To receive standard awards for CSF, a lamp pin, a stamp on the transcript and diploma seal, a student need not be active. INACTIVE Students must still attend mandatory meetings and pay attention to deadlines.
- To receive some additional awards, site-based CSF scholarships, and some at the state level, a student MUST be ACTIVE. ACTIVE members must complete 8 hours of volunteer service. These hours must be through CSF sponsored activities. Students should stop by to pick up a handout with details about various options for completing service hours.
- An ACTIVE member will receive, in addition to the above rewards, a stamp indicating ACTIVE service on his/her transcript, IF the student completes 4 semesters of ACTIVE membership. ACTIVE members will also be eligible to receive additional awards determined at the local level.