Speed up the Back to School process at Sign up Day!
Thursday, August 25, 2016
3:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Sign up Day is for ALL LJES families, new and returning. This event offers parents a convenient way to complete mandatory paperwork for the 2016-2017 school year. In addition, parents may meet with representatives from our PTO and Friends foundation or meet with vendors and enroll in optional after school programs. New families may also wish to take a tour of the campus.
New families must register/enroll in the school office prior to attending Sign up Day. The school office will re-open for new family enrollment on August 15th. Any family that is unable to attend the Sign up Day must complete mandatory paperwork in the school office. While we need this paperwork as early in the school year as possible, please do not call or visit the office regarding Sign up Day paperwork prior to August 31st as the office is extremely busy with the start of school on the first two days back.
If you have any questions regarding Sign up Day, please contact Megan Cox at email@example.com. Please also see helpful links included below for items that may be done online or in advance.
Click here for a Sign up Day Check List to help you keep track of each item.
Mandatory District/LJES forms and requirements:
The following itemsmust be completed in person at Sign up Day or in the school office after August 31st.
- Review, approve or edit District Enrollment Card(s).
- Provide Proof of Residency - You will need to bring an original utility or cable bill. Please be sure to retain a copy for your records.
- Complete SDUSD Mandatory Universal form.
If you wish to volunteer during to school year you will need to complete the following items during Sign-up Day or the School Office:
Items you can do online(or at Sign up Day):
- Complete a Disaster Preparedness Form and kit. Return your completed disaster kit to your child’s classroom on the first day of school.
- Complete your LJES Directory Consent Form: LJES Directory. Returning families need to complete a new consent form each year. New families need to complete a consent form and add their information. Please note when completing information that the teacher field will be automatically included at a later date. Directories are provided for free by the PTO and will be sent home in September.
- Sign up to receive eBlasts our important LJES email communications
- Make online purchases at the PTO Store (If you have any questions regarding online payments, please contact Kendall Goldstein (PTO Treasurer) at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join the PTO - your membership dues fund all our programs and activities.
- Purchase a 2016-2017 Yearbook
- Join the Birthday Book Club – proceeds benefit our library
- Purchase optional Back-to-School Picnic dinners - the event is free September 23rd 5:30 – 7:30
- Purchase logo wear
- Review and Register for After School Programs:
- Learn more about our school foundation, The Friends of La Jolla Elementary, Inc. and give to the Annual Giving Campaign Friends of LJES
- Learn about our Open Aire Market and La Jolla Art & Wine Festival (both benefit LJES)