The school playground consists of a grass field, play structures, a blacktop, basketball courts and wall ball courts. For safety and supervision, students should remain within the designated play area. Kindergarten has their own play area. First, second and third grade students play on the north end of the upper field while fourth and fifth grade students have a separate playground facing Girard Avenue.
- Students line up on the blacktop with their class before school
- Teachers or designated adults bring students to the blacktop area for recess and bring them back to the classroom at the end of the recess period.
- Students are to remain on the playground until time to return to class.
- Students may not run on the blacktop areas unless involved in an organized game.
- Students must use playground equipment in a safe manner and only when there is adult supervision.
- Students may only play school approved games.
- Students are expected to respect one another and to follow game rules.
- All snacks, food, and drinks should be eaten and/or drunk in the snack area or lunch arbor. Healthy snacks only, please.
- For more information, please visit the LJES Handbook