Unsure if we are your correct neighborhood school? Click on this link here: https://www.sandiegounified.org/schoolfinder
Depending on whether you are new to the District or new to La Jolla Elementary School, the necessary paperwork will vary. For starters, you will need to submit a copy of a current utility bill, phone bill, or rental contract for proof of residency. In addition, please fill out this form and bring with you to the front office. Our Welcome Committee Chair (Jema Edwards) will be in touch with you on any activities / mixers for new families this summer.
Below is info you will find helpful in learning more about our school:
- Tidings Newsletter - Our print newsletter that is sent home with the children throughout the school year. Attached is the most recent copy. The newsletter archives are here.
- Year at a Glance Calendar (with before & after school programs) - Print this and post it on your refrigerator - you will look at this calendar daily! Note that page 2 has important information about before and after school programs. Your child(ren) will want to participate in these.
- School Supply List 2019-2020 - You may choose to purchase school supplies in one of two ways: 1) through EduKit, or 2) on your own using the attached suggested school supply list. Please know that you are not obligated to use EduKit; it is simply a convenience offered by the PTO. You can pre-purchase supplies through Edukit here (use 92037 as the zip code).
- Parent Handbook - Take some time to read through this before the first day of school. Access the Parent Handbook here.
- Lunch Menu - You can view daily menus and set up an account to pay for school lunches - https://sdusd.yumyummi.com/
- PTO/Friends Flyer - Read about the wonderful ways our PTO and Foundation support our children's education. See attached or read more here - https://www.sandiegounified.org/schools/la-jolla-elementary/ljes-pto
- Pizza Wednesday. This is a half day, and students are dismissed at 12:20pm every Wednesday. The PTO sells pizza, drinks and goodies outside the Marine Street entrance. Parents and siblings are encouraged to stay and enjoy lunch on campus with their children.
- Friday Flag Ceremony. Join us every Friday morning at 8:15am on the upper blacktop for the pledge of allegiance, a classroom performance, and announcements from our Principal.
Other Community Information
If you are new to the La Jolla area, here are a few suggestions that may lend to meeting other LJES children during the summertime...
- Attend the La Jolla Farmer's Market. It's held every Sunday from 9:00am-1:30pm on the back side of the elementary school. There are lots of yummy food vendors and local crafts along with live music. The proceeds from the market fund various initiatives enjoyed by all children at LJES, including school improvements and programs such as art, music, library, technology and additional classroom teachers to lower class sizes.
- SD Family Magazine is a great resource for happenings around San Diego. We keep this monthly magazine stocked at the front desk in the office. In the meantime, you can browse the events calendar here.
In the meantime, please be sure to:
If you have additional questions, please feel free to email. We look forward to meeting you all!