Drop Off And Pick Up Procedures
For the safety of all, please read and follow these procedures:
- The gate on Girard Avenue is open for drop off at 8:00 am for Run Club students (Grades 1 through 5). The main gate on Marine Street also opens at 8:00 am. Kindergarten students need to be dropped at the Marine Street gate. Parent volunteers will be at both drop off locations to help your children from the cars. Please note that there is no supervision at the gates before 8:00 am, so please do not leave your children at the gates prior to that time.
- The gates will close promptly at 8:15 am. Students who arrive after this time need to enter through the front office on Marine Street for a tardy slip.
- At dismissal, all Kindergarten students can be picked up in the Kindergarten area. If parents do not arrive by 2:45 pm, students will be walked down to the front of the school office for pick up.
- All students in Grades 1 through 5 being picked up by parents who walk, or park and walk to the school entrance, should come out of the gate closest to the Kindergarten gates. Please inform your children that they are considered "walkers" and pick them up from that gate.
- All students in Grades 1 through 3 (and students in Grades 4 & 5 with younger siblings at our school) being picked up by parents who are driving will be waiting at the front of the school in the cement area in front of the dumpsters.
- Parents, please do not get out of your car, stay in line, and come up to the passenger loading lane. We will call for your student to come to your car. The principal, parent volunteers, and teachers on duty will be there to assist.
- Students in Grades 4 and 5 ONLY can be picked up on the Girard Avenue side of the school. There will be a parent volunteer and a teacher helping students.
- Students in Grades 4 and 5 with younger siblings at our school need to walk down and be picked up on Marine Street with their siblings. There is no pick up from across the street in front of the condominium building. Please be a good neighbor and do not park in the condominium parking spots, driveways, or alley, and please slow down on the neighboring streets.
- We need everyone's cooperation, patience, and consideration for a smooth and safe flow of traffic.
Donna Tripi and the Traffic Committee