CTA Tardy and Truancy Policy
Tardiness and truancy is not only an annoyance to the teacher and students, but it is also a hindrance to the orderly progress of learning.
A student is considered tardy if he/she is not in his/her assigned seat as determined by the teacher when the tardy bell starts to ring. Tardies of thirty minutes or more will be recorded as a truancy. Please keep in mind that four tardies are equivalent to one period absence. Students with period absences due to tardies and/or truancies will be assigned
· After four tardies are reached in a grading period, the student is assigned
· All truancies will result in Saturday School to make up the period absence. The citizenship grade will be an automatic “U” for the grading period after the second truancy.
· Seniors must clear all absences, tardies and truancies with
· Students who have more than four un-cleared tardies, two un-cleared truancies and any unexcused period absences and have not cleared these unexcused absences in Saturday School will not be able to participate in any school sponsored activities including but not limited to dances, field trips, assemblies, etc.
· After 10 illness absences the school nurse will be contacted for a consultation and a doctor’s note will be required for subsequent absences.