May 20, 2017 – Prom
Seniors will enjoy Prom on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, located at Mission Bay Park, 1441 Quivira Rd., San Diego, CA 92109.
May 11, 2017 - Cap and Gown Distribution 11:53 p.m.
Cap and Gown Distribution will be in the Dance room during 11:53-12:23 p.m. If you are unable to attend, you may pick up at the main office any time after this date.
May 26, 2017 – Grad Nite, Sponsored by PTSA (Not a Kearny Event)
Kearny’s Senior Grad Nite will be at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Please make sure to buy your ticket soon. Tickets sales in the Kearny Main Office, Maria Lopez.
Ticket Price: $130 - Parent Permission Slip & Student Waiver required to participate.
Ticket price includes: Admission, All you can eat buffet, Grad Nite Souvenir, Ticket to Hurrican Harbor ( To be used at a later date), Transportation TO/FROM Six Flags (Chartered Bus)
Important Grad Night Documents:
SENIOR ACTIVITY & GRADUATION INFORMATION
June 1, 2017 – Graduation Tickets
7 tickets per Graduate. Students can pick up their tickets at the Financial Office beginning June 1st with student ID. $10 per extra ticket, limit 3 per person on a first come first serve basis. Once extra tickets run out, there will be no additional sales. Guests without tickets will not be allowed to enter in order to ensure safety and liability guidelines.
June 1, 2017- Graduation Parking
Pre-sale parking tickets ONLY. Parking tickets for Graduation can be purchased in the Financial Office for $5 per ticket. Please plan to purchase your parking ticket prior to Graduation. Parking tickets will go on sale beginning June 1st. There will be NO parking tickets sales the day of graduation.
June 12, 2017 - Senior students report to classes as scheduled.
June 13, 2017 - SENIOR DAY
- 8:15 a.m. Senior Breakfast - Lunch Arbor
- 9:15 a.m. Graduation Rehearsal- Auditorium
- 10:30 a.m. Yearbook Signing - Auditorium
- 1:20 p.m. Senior Lunch - Lunch Arbor
- 2:00 p.m. Movie Matinee - Guardians of the Galaxy
June 14, 2017– Graduation Ceremony
- Seniors need to arrive at Kearny and check in to the AUDITORIUM dressed and ready to go by 4:30 p.m. to begin lining up.
- Do not bring any personal items including cameras, balloons, flowers, purses, etc. There will not be anywhere to store them when you arrive.
- Graduates need to be dressed appropriately. High heels or shoes with spikes will not be permitted. Flip flops are not appropriate footwear. Appropriate footwear is required. Wedges are acceptable.
- Gowns should be wrinkle free for graduation. To eliminate wrinkles, gowns should be “fluff” dried and hung up prior to graduation.
- No air horns, noisemakers, or balloons are allowed at the graduation.
- Parents and guests need to be in the field seated by 5:15 p.m. We will start the processional promptly at 5:30 p.m. sharp. Once the procession starts, late comers will wait outside the gate until all graduates are seated.
- Only the tassel provided with cap and gown unit is to be placed on the cap. Adorning or decorating of cap in any way is not allowed. Items are district property unless purchased.
- Every graduating senior will be provided with a small school stole for the commencement and required to be returned w/Cap and Gown unless purchased. Small school stoles can be purchased for $10.00 each as a Pre-Sale only item from the Finance Office. Stoles will not be sold on Graduation day.
- Cap, Gown, Tassle and Stoles can be returned following the procession. Returns will take place in the main office and cafeteria. Signs will posted to inform students of designated windows for each small school. Diplomas are only released to the graduate as long as student has been cleared from all school debts.
- Parking cost is $5.00 per vehicle in our main lot. Tickets are available pre-sale only in the Financial Office, on a first come first serve basis. Parking tickets will not be sold on the day of Graduation.
- Gates for Komet Field will open at 4:00 p.m for ticketed guests and families.
Professional photographer(Prestige Photography) will take pictures of each gaduate receiving their diploma cover. Order information will be provided in Commencement Program. Ordering Commencement Ceremony photos is optional.