We requesting members for the English Language Learner Advisory committee.
The English Language Learner Advisory committee is made up of parents of children who speak English as a second language. Parents on the ELAC take an active role in giving and receiving information related to our English Language Learner Population.
The English Language Learner Advisory Committee:
- Advises the principal and staff on the school’s program for English Learners,
- Assists in the development of the site Needs Assessment,
- Assists in the development of the site Annual language census (R-30 LC Report),
- Assists in the development of the site’s efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance,
- Advises the school site council (SSC) on the development of the School Plan.
If you are interested in joining our ELAC, please complete and return the form that was sent home or contact Maria Gonzalez at 858-935-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org by January 19, 2016.