In pursuit of educational excellence and operating within scope of public education it is important to sustain a focus on student outcomes and to celebrate the exceptional academic successes that Jerabek has accomplished since last year.
Acknowledging there has been and will be future challenges that face us, we will not be detoured from our mission to provide a stellar educational program that develops the whole child. Realizing the success of this past year on our new path, we are inviting you to join us in our unrelenting pursuit to ensure that our school culture (amongst adults) remains positive and respectful and most importantly focused on our students.
We also recognize the vital support of our school’s foundation (our parents) whose very generous contributions to the professional development of our teachers has had a tremendous impact on the academic performance of our students. Improving the pedagogy of our staff enables us to soar to new heights and realize extraordinary instructional outcomes.
In looking at test scores it is important to acknowledge that we do NOT define our students or our teachers and their practice, by one test score. The development of the whole child at Jerabek involves the contribution and hard work of teachers and support staff across all grade levels. It also includes our classified staff that contributes invaluable contributions on a daily basis - often going unnoticed. Finally, we would like to thank our parents for their positive, very generous financial and volunteer contributions that enhance our ability to serve the students at Jerabek.
There is much to celebrate at Jerabek! Below are the results of our most recent state-testing. Please note that the importance of these scores is that the results include ALL students tested at a school. Our extraordinary achievement can only happen with a pervasive, systematic instructional program across all grade levels – especially in grades that don’t test as they build a strong foundation of knowledge that prepares students for progressively more complex curricular content. This can only happen at a school with pervasive, excellent instruction and collaboration that produces systematic achievement with extraordinary results.
Jerabek State Testing Results
- In Mathematics: In the San Diego Unified School District (117 Elementary Schools), 5th in the District = 81% “met or exceeded.”
- In English Language Arts, In the San Diego Unified School District (117 Elementary Schools), 3rd in the District = 88% % “met or exceeded.”
- In Mathematics, in the entire county of San Diego (503 elementary schools), Jerabek students rank 10th in the county, the top 2% of all county schools = 81% “met or exceeded."
- In English Language Arts, in the entire county of San Diego (503 elementary schools) Jerabek students Rank 3rd in the county – top 1% of all county schools = 88% % “met or exceeded.”
- In Mathematics, in the entire State of California (5,802 elementary schools) Jerabek students rank in the top 2.5% off all schools in the State of California = 81% “met or exceeded.”
- In English Language Arts, in the entire state of California (5,802 elementary schools) Jerabek students rank in the top 1% of all schools in the State of California = 88% % “met or exceeded.”
Finally, and most importantly, our students at Jerabek are happy and educated in a safe and caring environment. We will continue our commitment in the provision of a stellar education worthy of our students and ask for your positive support and avocation for the great school Jerabek is and will continue to be.
Thank you for the opportunity to educate your future college graduate(s).