“Where the Arts and Minds Come Together”
The focus for education at Innovation Middle School (iMiddle) is Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics (STEAM). We offer this rigorous curriculum embedded in 21st century technology skills. The talented and collaborative staff combines ability and passion to utilize technology in their everyday teaching in order to thoughtfully engage all students.
With projects that include podcasts, WebQuests, videoconferencing and video production, a 1:1 school to home netbook/ipad program, Web 2.0 tools, a variety of software, and digital content, iMiddle students learn first and foremost by doing and actively participating in the learning process. We intend to present authentic, challenging, and meaningful experiences which require students to solve practical, real world problems and apply technology to meet Common Core State Standards. At iMiddle, we intend to inspire not simply science and math students, but scientists and mathematicians and are seeking to nurture the next generation of leaders.
At Innovation Middle School you can look forward to:
- Small neighborhood school atmosphere (about 500 6th-8th grade students)
- Interactive digital classroom environments
- Project Based Learning opportunities
- Technology in every class & hands-on, web-based learning
- 1:1 school to home netbook/iPad program for every student
- A full GATE/Seminar & AVID program
- Exploring Computers/Video Production, Gateway to Technology, Art and Media Arts, Photography, ASL elective offerings
- Spanish 1-2 and 3-4 World Languages offered in lieu of above electives
- Accelerated Math advanced course in 6th and 7th grade and Advanced Integrated Math I in 8th grade offered (select students)
- PrimeTime after school program
- After school clubs including Photography, Coding, Robotics, Tennis, and more!
- Strong community involvement and support
- Nationally Board Certified, Apple Distinguished, NOYCE and Google Academy Educators
The vision of Innovation Middle School is to inspire students to be intellectually prepared and engaged in a curriculum focused on the integration of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics with a deliberate worldview and commitment to creativity, innovation and character.