Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
iHigh Virtual Academy graduates will be…
Engaged Independent Learners who:
· Demonstrate self-directed learning skills such as reliability, time management, organization, and self-discipline.
· Participate in the learning process and accept responsibility for their learning.
· Apply knowledge and skills to real-life situations.
Academic Achievers who:
· Use a variety of virtual tools as a component of the learning process.
· Meet subject requirements and course standards in a variety of learning environments.
· Use clear and concise communication to actively solve problems in all subject areas.
· Are able to transfer skills between various technologies.
Effective Communicators who:
· Read, write, speak and listen reflectively and critically.
· Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to tone and voice when using virtual forms of communication.
· Communicate in a responsible and respectful manner.
Creative and Critical Thinkers who:
· Question, analyze and evaluate information and ideas.
· Are able to think critically, creatively and independently to solve problems.
· Identify and respect different points of view and conflicting arguments.
Responsible Citizens who:
· Have integrity and take responsibility for personal choices and actions.
· Develop respect for the needs, ideas, opinions, beliefs, values, and cultures of others.
· Demonstrate responsible online behavior (netiquette, cyber safety, etc.)
· Establish and make progress towards personal goals.