Core Academy: Supporting Student Achievement Success (CASSAS), also known as Saturday School, is an opportunity for students to make up time they have missed due to absences. Saturday School is staffed by credentialed teachers who are ready and willing to tutor your child on their school work. It operates on selected Saturdays (see schedule below) from 7:55 am till noon. Students may be assigned Saturday School for unexcused absences, or may voluntarily come to clear excused absences. It does not necessarily remove truancies from individual classes for the purposes of grade calculations by teachers. Students who have more than one truancy may be put on an attendance contract. Students may be suspended for violation of the contract. Students who do not attend assigned Saturday school will remain on the LOP list. Each Saturday school clears one full day of absence. Notices to class and phone calls home are provided as reminders to students but it is the student’s responsibility to attend. Students may attend without receiving a notice or phone call.
A breakfast meal is available for students attending Saturday School. If your child is approved to receive Free or Reduced Price Meals, or if the entire school receives Free meals, the breakfast is available for no charge. If your child pays for meals, please make sure they have money in their cafeteria account to cover the cost of the breakfast of $1.00.
Saturday School is limited to 36 students per teacher. Students need to sign up the Wednesday before each Saturday school to ensure their spot and to be sure that they receive Saturday school credit.
*** To register please click here. If you need assistance please see Mrs. Pacofsky.
2016-17 Saturday School Dates at Patrick Henry, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm:
December 3, 10
January 7, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
March 4, 11, 18
April 8, 15, 22, 29
May 6, 13, 20
1. Meet your Saturday School teacher at the Patriot Statue at 7:55 am.
2. Saturday School is held from 8:00 am - noon.
3. All students must have a photo ID to be admitted for credit
4. You are required to bring enough academic work to last the entire four hours. You should also bring a book to read should you finish your academic work early.
5. One ten-minute break will be given during the four-hour session. You will be allowed to go to the bathroom only during the break, so plan accordingly. Failure to return on time will result in dismissal without credit.
6. If you leave at any time during the session or are asked to leave by the supervisor, you will not receive credit for the day.