Naviance (Family Connection)
A Family-Friendly College Planning Guide
To begin using Family Connection, click here for Naviance and follow these steps:
Use you school ID and Password to access Family Connection:
Naviance/Family Connection Username UseYour School ID
Naviance/Family Connection Password Useyour Power School Password
There are a few sections of the Patrick Henry High School Family Connection with which we urge you to become familiar: “About Me” and “About College".
- My Profile – Includes basic biographical data and grade point averages.
- My Resume - By completing this resume with information about your accomplishments and talents, you can help us get a better understanding of how to help you effectively describe yourself to colleges. It may also help match you with local and state scholarship opportunities.
- My Colleges – As you find colleges that interest you, we recommend that you add them to your list of “Colleges That I’m Considering”. If one of your colleges of interest visits Roslyn High School, you will automatically receive an e-mail alerting you to the date and time of their visit. Also, as you apply to colleges, you will track the status of your application under “Colleges to which I’m Applying”.
- My Journal – As you investigate colleges and start to develop or refine your college list, this is an excellent place to chronicle your thoughts and questions.
- College Search – More information on how to conduct a college search.
- College Lookup – Start here to research a specific college. We always recommend that students visit the college’s individual website for the most up-to-date information. There is a direct link to the website on each college’s Naviance homepage.
- College Match - This tool will allow you to use historical gpa and test score information about students from RHS and their college applications to match you with colleges that you may want to consider adding to your list. Please note that there are many factors which can affect admissions decisions and the results of this search do NOT guarantee in any way whether or not you will be accepted at a particular college.
- College Compare – This tool allows you to compare average grade point averages and test scores for accepted students from RHS at up to ten colleges. School averages are displayed in green when your number is higher and in red when your number is lower. Your PSAT score, if available, has been converted to the equivalent SAT score and compared to the average single SAT score of an accepted student. The column labeled "Accept" shows the number of students accepted out of the number of students that applied.
- Scattergrams – This amazing tool allows you to visually see how you compare to PPH students who have applied to a particular college based on your grade point average and ACT or SAT score.
- Acceptance History – To see how many PHHS students have applied and enrolled at all colleges click here.
- Visit Schedule – College admission representatives visit Patrick Henry throughout the school year, especially in the fall, to meet directly with interested students. Students may click on “sign up” next to the college name to receive an email that reminds them of the upcoming visit. We also list local college fairs on this page, and students can click on “sign up” to see what colleges will be attending that fair.
- Scholarship List – Click here for a complete listing of scholarships of which we receive notice. Many of these scholarships are from local, community, or state organizations.
- Scholarship Match – Based on information in your profile, your resume, or your game plan, scholarships are matched with your qualifications. The more information you complete in Family Connection, the better the matches.
A Quick Guide to NAVIANCE
- Open your internet browser and go to https://connection.naviance.com/fc/signin.php?hsid=henryseniorhigh
- On the home page, enter the code that was printed on your personal access card in the “New User” box and click “Register.”
- (NOTE: When you log-in in the future, your user name is your e-mail address and your password is the one you established when registering. If you change your e-mail address at any point, remember to update it in TCCi.)
- The “Welcome” page will appear when your registration is accepted.
- TO COMPLETE A COLLEGE SEARCH:
- On the left side of the “Welcome” page is a list of functions that are available on TCCi. Click on “college search” under the “About College” section of the menu on the left-hand side.
- Select factors in any or all of the categories to help narrow down a list of colleges that match your interests. At the end of each page, you can either click “Show Matches” to generate a list OR click “Next” to continue to pick more factors.
- (NOTE: You will notice that the number of schools that matches your criteria constantly appears near the top of the page as you move through the selections.)
- If you end up with too many schools on your list and you need to narrow your list, simply select more factors. You should use the “Previous” button at the bottom of the page if you want to go back to earlier pages/factors. On the other hand, if you end up with too few schools, go back and deselect some of your factors. Again, use the “Previous” button.
- Once you have completed your search, click “Show Matches.”
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the new page. The list of schools that matches your criteria will appear.
- At this point, you will see three pull-down menus. You now have the option to select criteria to compare three different factors for each school on your list.
- TO RESEARCH COLLEGES ON YOUR LIST:
- Simply click on a college name that appears on your generated list.
- A new window will open and you will connect to a general information page for that school within Naviance. From this window, you can also research additional information such as admission criteria, extracurricular activities, etc., by using the pull-down menu located to the right of the red “Application History” box.
- To return to your full list of schools and begin researching another school, simply close that window by clicking on the box in the upper left-hand corner.
- To research another school, repeat the above process.
- In order to save your list of colleges, you must manually save each one. To do this, click the “pick” link next to that school on your list of generated schools. That school will show up in the “Hand-Picked List.” Once you’ve selected all of the schools from your college search that you want to save, click the “Add to My Colleges” link directly under the box labeled “Hand-Picked List.”
- (NOTE: To view this list at a later date, click “My Colleges” on the “About Me” menu on the left-hand side.)