Dress for success: No Tshirts with inappropriate slogans, and no heavy chains.
Our district dress code offers personal freedom to students while at the same time adhering to legal standards. The dress code is also designed to help keep student focused on education. At Patrick Henry High, school rules require students to cover shoulders, backs, stomachs, and keep pants pulled up over undergarments. To put it plainly, we require students to follow the 6 Bs.
All students will dress in clothing that:
- is clean and in good repair with no unhemmed, frayed or split-seam pants, shorts, cuffs, and no
- is free of any advertisement or promotion of any alcohol, drugs, tobacco products, profanity, gambling, violence, or sexual innuendo
- is free of any depictions/illustrations that demeans or negatively represents any gender, race, color,
ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation
- fits neatly at the waist without "sagging" showing underwear or having an excessively tight fit
- appropriately covers the body, that is:
- no pajamas
- no bare midriffs or backs (no skin showing between shirt
and pants, shorts or skirt)
- no halter tops, tube tops or bare shoulders
- no short or rolled shorts; NO cut-off shorts.
Shorts that can be rolled up with a cuff that
maintains a 2-inch inseam are acceptable.- no spaghetti straps
- no high sideseam cut shorts/skirts.
- no muscle shirts
- No clothes perceived as having a gang affiliation, including bandanas, doo rags, dangling belts, wallet chains, shoes or shoe lace color/style worn specifically to identify with a street gang, and insignia belts/buckles.
- The following head coverings may never be worn on campus: bandanas, doo rags, and skull caps. Approved hats or hoods may not be worn in classrooms or offices.
- Hats are only allowed during P.E. and lunch for sun protection.
- Bedroom slippers are not allowed. Shoes should cover the foot to enable students to walk safely.
- Backpacks/book bags must be clean in appearance without any inappropriate writing or they will be confiscated.
Refer to the Attire/Dress Code/Appearance section in the Student Handbook.