- All students and staff are expected to uphold high standards of conduct and appearance. Clothing should be suitable and comfortable for normal school activities and should reflect the respect, pride and standards of the student's home and community.
- General clothing standards for all children require that shoes must be worn at all times.
The following items are not allowed to be worn at school:
- Open-toed sandals, flip flops, slippers, high heel shoes, and healies
- Bare midriff tops, blouses, shirts or tops, mini shorts / skirts, and pajamas
- T-shirts with imprinted suggestive words or pictures
- Pants worn below waist level
- Hats worn inside buildings
- Many of the above items can be hazardous during physical activities such as running, jumping, and playing on playground equipment.
- The principal may approve exceptions to the dress code for unusual situations or for specific events, such as spirit days.
Hardy has a comprehensive school safety plan. Required by the state, the plan includes policies and procedures for responding to:
- Disasters such as fire, earthquake, or situations requiring a lock down.
- Serious disciplinary problems
- Child abuse
- Sexual harassment
- Practice drills are periodically held to ensure that students will be safe in the event of a disaster.
- Adult supervision is provided in classrooms and in outside areas before and after school, during recess and lunch, and during passing time between classes. Under the direction of the principal or site administrator, specific school building security procedures are implemented by staff. In addition, district offices support schools by reviewing and disseminating safety requirements and information, coordinating safety-related services, and providing training and assistance.
- All visitors must report to the main office and secure a pass, which is to be worn while on campus. To pick up a child from school, an individual must be an adult listed on the student's enrollment card and able to prove his/her identity with a picture ID.
HARDY SAFETY PROGRAM
- Student safety is very important at Hardy. We enlist the active support of all parents in this program and urge you to take the following actions:
- Establish the safest route to and from school (or the bus stop) with your child.
- Monitor your child's route from time to time.
- Instruct your child to cross streets at the intersections and/or crosswalks and never between parked cars.
- Instruct your child to look both ways on a green light before entering the crosswalk.
- Instruct your child to walk when crossing streets.
- Develop a plan if he/she misses the bus to or from school.
- If your child is picked up at the school, instruct him/her to wait in the STUDENT WAITING AREA for the driver to pick them up. No one will be allowed to cross traffic in the parking lot.
Hardy's Student "Safeties" will continue to monitor the arrival and departure of students on the playground.
- If your child is transported to and from school by car, PARENTS ARE ASKED TO OBSERVE THE "NO PARKING" AREAS designated by red-painted curbs and/or signs posted in those areas. Parking in RED ZONES IS PROHIBITED for safety reasons, as well as to allow the free flow of traffic.
- The west playground gates will be open for parent parking twenty minutes prior to the close of school. Please follow the traffic pattern as indicated.
- The answer to these and so many more important questions are here. Please use the links in the left navigation area to learn about Hardy policies.
- To learn more about the policies of the district as a whole, please consult the SDUSD Policy Manual or visit the district's Policies & Procedures page. For general information of interest to parents, please also visit the district's For Parents page.