Recognition of children’s birthdays is a positive and important non-academic part of the school experience at Hardy. The following requirements are listed to insure fairness to all children and establish a standard of responsibility for organization and efficiency. Birthday celebrations for students should be scheduled at least one week in advance with the following considerations:
- prior arrangement with the teacher up to one week prior to the recognition. (Some teachers schedule monthly birthday recognition programs for all students who have birthdays within a given month, check with classroom teacher.)
- prior arrangement coordinated with the main office.
- food -- wrapped, packaged, or separated food portions and beverages with cups or individual drink containers – limited sweets with a focus on healthy treats.
- decorations limited to napkins and food items.
- parent/guardian responsibility to organize (in collaboration with teacher) and clean up
- outside seating (and eating) is preferred.
- one birthday party per student.