District Home

New Student Enrollment 2020

Hancock Elementary School Registration Information

2020-2021 School Year       

New Student Enrollment 

For general information about enrollment in San Diego Unified Schools, you can visit https://www.sandiegounified.org/neighborhood-schools-and-enrollment-options

Registration for students new to Hancock is tentatively scheduled to begin August 19, 2020.  At this time, we do not know if enrollment will be online or in person. Updates will be given as more information is known. The first day of school will be August 31, 2020.

Please follow these steps for registration:

1.    Verify your home school is Hancock using https://www.sandi.net/schoolfinder

2.    If Hancock is your home school, and you have never enrolled in a San Diego Unified school, you can submit a preliminary online application at https://www.sandiegounified.org/new-student-online-enrollment.  Be prepared to provide the following in a digital/scanned format.

·        Immunization records

·        Verification of residency (within the last 30 days)

·        Birth certificate

·        Special Education Service documents i.e.. IEP (if applicable)

 3.    In August, you will complete the enrollment process with required forms specific to Hancock students.  Our school clerk will contact you after we reopen the offices (tentatively August 17).

Please note that our school offices are closed for the summer months, tentatively until August 17th. 


Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the age cutoff for Kindergarten enrollment?
    • TK (must turn 5 between 9/2/2020 and 12/2/2020)
    • Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by 9/1/2020)


  • If my student is returning to Hancock next year, do I need to enroll him/her?
    • No. Returning students are returning, they do not need to re-register or fill out any paperwork prior to school starting.


  • I do not have a copy of my child's immunization records and/or birth certificate. Can I still enroll them?
    • No. Both are required to register you student for school. For immunization history, you will need to contact your medical provider for a copy. See the district website for information on immunizations required in California.  We cannot enroll you student without this information.


  • My student has an IEP or other special services. How can I be sure the new teacher gets that information?
    • When you register, please note those services on the application form and upload a copy of the IEP with the other records. This helps us ensure your student is placed in the correct classroom environment and we have a plan to support him/her as needed.