About Green Elementary
Green Elementary is an Academic and Athletic Magnet school in the San Carlos community of San Diego. We offer daily, vigorous exercise to create a sound mind and sound body. We expect and deliver excellence in character development, education, and a healthy life-style. Superior academic instruction, physical education, a variety of fine arts experiences, a multitude of after school activities including sports, and community-building actives create students focused on being intelligent, healthy, well-rounded leaders of the future.
At Green Elementary we believe that every child has the potential to excel. We start a "early start" Gate program called K-2 Nurturing in Kindergarten and run it through second grade. All children receive this instruction and benefit from it. In second grade all SDUSD district children are tested for potential GATE and Seminar identification.
Please enjoy perusing through our school brochure for more information.
Each school day morning, the entire school gathers in the courtyard to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, say the Green School Peace Pledge, hear daily announcements from Principal Ferguson. Some days are devoted to announcing the Running Club miles accumulated by the children, others are to celebrate the children who "got caught" displaying great character at school. It's a GREAT GREEN way to start the day!
OUR MAGNET FOCUS
Myron B. Green Academics and Athletics Magnet is a comprehensive elementary magnet school that offers daily vigorous exercise to create a sound mind in a sound body. Academic instruction, physical education, a variety of fine arts experiences, and community-building activities create students focused on being intelligent, healthy, well rounded leaders of the future. More about the Green Magnet Program.
- Opportunities to learn about and research topics such as nutrition, physiology, exercise, and health
- Nurturing Scholars program (Grades K-2)
- Gifted cluster program (Grades 3-5)
- Choral music (Grades K-5); Instrumental music (Grades 4-5)
- Unique opportunities for all children with emphasis focused on achievement using multitude of assistance including push-in teachers for ongoing student assistance
ABOUT GREEN'S TEST SCORES AND PERFORMANCE We're very proud of Green School's consistent high achievement in literacy and mathematics and overall APT. You can review our most recent results:
- School Accountability Report Card
- Academic Performance Index (API) scores
- Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) results
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION