- Physical Education,
- Physical Activity,
- Health Education,
- Health Services,
- Safe School Environment,
- Social-Emotional Wellness,
- Staff Wellness, Family and
- Community Involvement.
- Jump Rope for Heart for the students to increase participation in physical activity,
- VEBA Zumba for teachers to increase participation in physical activity, and
- Checking and clearing volunteers and securing the entryway to increase our campus safety.
This year we added:
- Staff will meditate and/or perform breathing exercises at the beginning of our monthly staff meeting to decrease stress levels.
- Students will meditate and/or perform breathing exercises once a day or weekly to decrease stress levels and learn stress management skills.
- Grant Parents and Community will participate in the Mission Hills 5K to increase their level of fitness and physical activity.
The Wellness Committee continues to meet and set goals for school. Parents and community members are welcome and encouraged to provided feedback to the committe for making healthy changes at our school. We are specifically looking for parents who would be interested in spearheading a before-school running club. Contact Coach K (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you are interested.