GRANT SAFETY ZONE
Students may be dropped off at the start of the school day, no earlier than 7:20.
· Beginning at 7:20 am, students may be dropped off curbside at designated Zones 1, 2 &3.
· Assistance is provided in Zones 1 & 2 to help students to quickly and efficiently exit the vehicles with their school gear (backpacks, projects, etc.).
· Students may exit only from the curbside of the vehicle.
· Parents are to remain in vehicle and Assistants will remove any gear from trunk or backseat.
· Parents are requested to follow all school personnel directions, signs, cones, and crossing guard signals at these times and to use the drop-off/pick-up lane as directed.
· NO PARKING
Beginning at 2:15 for K-5 and 2:20 for 6-8, (Minimum day is 12:10 K-5 & 12:25 6-8) students may be picked up curbside using the following procedure:
· K-4 students are to be picked up in Zone 2 and 5-8 students are to be picked up in Zone 1 (assisted) or Zone 3 (by Pioneer Park-unassisted) If picking up students in K-4 AND 6-8, then use Zone 1.
· K-4 pick-up vehicles line up on Randolph St, to wait to turn left into Zone 2
· 5-8 pick up vehicles line up on Lark St, to wait to turn left into Zone 1.
· PLEASE SEE DROP-OFF/PICK-UP DIAGRAM
· Have “name card” on curbside of vehicle windshield. Student’s name will be called out as you pull into designated pick up zones 1 & 2.
· Parents are to remain in vehicle and Assistants will help open curbside of vehicle door and place school gear in vehicle or trunk.
· If your student is not in the established “waiting area” at the time your vehicle is in the pick-up zone, then you must continue forward, circle the block and go to the back of the pick up line.
This information is also in the Grant School Handbook.
Pick-up and Drop-off Notice
Please note: vehicles are not allowed to drive into the red fire lane, bus zone or faculty driveways to pick up or drop off students and are asked to please use the designated drop-off/pick-up zones. We greatly appreciate your cooperation as a matter of student safety.
New Rev. 2013/14