Students are expected to come to school wearing appropriate clothing which is conducive to learning, including the ability to participate actively in their physical education classes.
Appropriate for School
- Shirts and blouses may be either short- or long-sleeved and provide full coverage for undergarments.
- Tops should cover the midsection when standing, reaching, and, especially, when hands are raised overhead.
- Sweaters and jackets of an appropriate size and length may also be worn.
- Appropriate school attire includes pants, shorts or skirts worn with the waistband at the waist.
- Bottoms should provide full coverage for lower back, belly, and legs, as well as undergarments when seated, standing, and reaching.
- Appropriate shoes include a closed toe and heel.
- Shoes should be comfortable, supportive and allow you to actively participate in your physical education classes.
- Students should avoid dangling jewelry, especially earrings and other jewelry that could cause injury (including gauges in the ears.)
- To protect from long exposure to the sun during outside activities, students are encouraged to wear a brimmed hat during PE classes. This includes baseball caps/hats, visors, and/or other brimmed (athletic) hats.
- Beanies may be worn outdoors during cold weather.
- Students are expected to demonstrate respect for themselves and others. With this in mind:
- there should be no writing on one’s body.
- avoid applying strong scents.
Not Appropriate for School
- Tops that expose your shoulders, backs, bellies and/or undergarments should be avoided. This includes:
- tops with spaghetti straps.
- see-through clothing.
- low-cut tops exposing cleavage.
- shirts with oversized arm holes.
- strapless, backless or halter tops.
- crop tops.
- Pajamas should not be worn to school.
- Flip flops and slippers are not allowed.
- Shoes with wheels are not allowed.
- Avoid dangling jewelry, especially earrings and other jewelry that could get caught or pulled during physical activity causing injury.
- Hoods, hats, and sunglasses may be worn to school, but they may not be worn in the classroom.
- Please leave decorative/costume hats and bandanas at home.
Generally Inappropriate Clothing
- Clothing or accessories which advertise or denote profanity, sexual topics or innuendo are not permitted. Clothing which promotes or alludes to:
- gang affiliation
- alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
is also not permitted.
Items that could present a danger to other students should be left at home. This includes things like:
- chains (including chains connected to wallets)
- spikes, safety pins, rubber bands, and any other items which would be considered unsafe.