Golden Hill K8 is a GREAT school community! To all current students and families, thank you for being an important part of it! If you are not yet a part of this community, we encourage you to enroll your child for this year, or for the 2017-18 school year. Here are a few of the positive aspects that make Golden Hill AWESOME:
- Dual Language Immersion Program (Spanish/English)
- Kind, caring, COOL staff, students, and family community
- Social/Emotional Learning Program, focusing on self awareness, self management, and interpersonal skills
- Double digit gains on state testing in English Language Arts from 2015 to 2016
- Small classes, which allows for a more personalized education for your child
- Middle School orchestra
- One computer for each student in each classroom
- Located in a quiet, urban neighborhood
- PrimeTime before and after school program available to all students
- Athletics, arts, and enrichment programs during and after school
NEW for 2017-18:
- Project-based learning, computer/makers class, and an advisory program offered at the middle school
We encourage you to SCHEDULE A SCHOOL TOUR, by calling Vice Principal Steve Elizondo (619-236-5614), or Resource Teacher Maritza Tristan (619-236-5600, ext 2613). See you here!
Safety Patrol got their promotions today!
Showing our appreciation for school volunteers!
San Diego High School visits Golden Hill to inform parents!
7th and 8th grade went to Qualcomm for the Thinkabit Lab!
Watch our 4th graders play in their soccer tournament!
The Student Leadership Team has been formed!
Hooray for our Student Leadership debate participants!
Our 1st-3rd Spelling Bee Finalists!
Kindergartners publish their books!
Our Wonderful Summer Performance!