Golden Hill K8 is a GREAT school community! To all current students and families, thank you for being an important part of it! If you are not yet a part of this community, we encourage you to enroll your child for this year, or for the 2017-18 school year. Here are a few of the positive aspects that make Golden Hill AWESOME:
- Dual Language Immersion Program (Spanish/English)
- Kind, caring, COOL staff, students, and family community
- Social/Emotional Learning Program, focusing on self awareness, self management, and interpersonal skills
- Double digit gains on state testing in English Language Arts from 2015 to 2016
- Small classes, which allows for a more personalized education for your child
- Middle School orchestra
- One computer for each student in each classroom
- Located in a quiet, urban neighborhood
- PrimeTime before and after school program available to all students
- Athletics, arts, and enrichment programs during and after school
NEW for 2017-18:
- Project-based learning, computer/makers class, and an advisory program offered at the middle school
We encourage you to SCHEDULE A SCHOOL TOUR, by calling Vice Principal Steve Elizondo (619-236-5614), or Resource Teacher Maritza Tristan (619-236-5600, ext 2613). See you here!
Field Day for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade!
Golden Hill celebrates Mother's Day!
Principal Romo cooks for a memorable Teacher Breakfast!
Our Cinco de Mayo Festival was utterly amazing!
2017 Golden Hill Talent Show was a hit!
3rd Graders release their trout into the lake!
Pro Soccer players special visit and game!
Students participate in a school wide Fire Drill!
7th and 8th Graders visit SeaWorld for the LinkLab!
Another successful Family Friday!