Click here for information about the NEW Golden Hill K-8 School Foundation. This foundation will support the school's mission of preparing students to be successful now and in the future, and in leading happy, productive lives!
Golden Hill K-8 is a GREAT school community! To all current students and families, thank you for being an important part of it! If you are not yet a part of this community, we encourage you to enroll your child for the 2017-18 school year. Here are a few of the positive aspects that make Golden Hill AWESOME. These include some that are NEW for 2017-18:
- Dual Language Immersion Program (Spanish/English)
- Kind, caring, COOL staff, students, and family community
- Social/Emotional Learning Program for all gardes, focusing on self awareness, self management, and interpersonal skills, including an advisory program for middle school students
- Double digit gains on state testing in English Language Arts from 2015 to 2016
- Small classes, which allows for a more personalized education for your child
- Music program for all grade levels
- One computer for each student in each classroom
- Located in a quiet, urban neighborhood
- PrimeTime before and after school program available to all students
- Enrichment programs during and after school, including the Reuben H. Fleet Sci-Tech Program for girls, as well as coding for students in grades 5-6
- A comprehensive physical education program, anchored by our full-time P.E. teacher, and including a before-school exercise program, as well as UCSD's IMPACT Program
We encourage you to SCHEDULE A SCHOOL TOUR, by calling Vice Principal Steve Elizondo (619-236-5614), or Resource Teacher Maritza Tristan (619-236-5600, ext 2613). See you here!
Field Day for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade!
Golden Hill celebrates Mother's Day!
Principal Romo cooks for a memorable Teacher Breakfast!
Our Cinco de Mayo Festival was utterly amazing!
2017 Golden Hill Talent Show was a hit!
3rd Graders release their trout into the lake!
Pro Soccer players special visit and game!
Students participate in a school wide Fire Drill!
7th and 8th Graders visit SeaWorld for the LinkLab!
Another successful Family Friday!