Parents and community members are encouraged to support education by volunteering at Ericson Elementary. Ericson's volunteer coordinator is our Vice Principal, Mrs. Lewis. All volunteer work must be done under the direction of an assigned teacher, site volunteer coordinator, principal or vice principal. Volunteers must comply with the district's volunteer screening requirements.
Parents/Guardians/Community members interested in volunteering should:
- Contact the Ericson front office and ask to speak with Mrs. Lewis.
- Comply with appropriate volunteer screening requirements. (English) (Spanish)
- Complete and return a school volunteer application. (English) (Spanish)
- Read and acknowledge understanding of the Volunteer Code of Conduct: (English) (Spanish)
- Provide results of Tuberculin skin test.
The Volunteer Program provides support and guidance to schools to help them facilitate their parent and community engagement programs. Currently, more than 29,000 volunteers work in a variety of capacities in the San Diego Unified School District.