PTA is also finally holding our annual membership drive, now through Jan. 26! Please support our school by joining. Dues are $10/member. Look for our Ericson PTA Newsletter Member Drive BoxTops.docx envelope to come home Friday. Please return envelopes to your child's teacher by Friday, Jan 26. The class with the highest PTA membership at the end of the drive will earn a PIZZA PARTY! Two runner up classes will receive POPCORN PARTIES! Every individual member will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE Scholastic book or poster - 10 winners will be chosen!
Mark your calendar for the first Family Movie Night of the Year on Fri. Jan. 26 at 6 PM in the MU. We will also be holding an Association Meeting for the first 10 minutes - please come and let your voice be heard. Concessions (pizza, popcorn, snacks) will be sold at the Movie Night - bring a blanket and make an evening of it! We hope to see you there!
PTA is also holding a BoxTops drive until Feb. 9 - every BoxTop earns 10 cents for our school. If every student turned in only TEN BoxTops, that would be over $700 for our school! So take a few seconds to clip and collect those BoxTops (in a ziploc is fine) and turn them in to your child's teacher by Feb. 9 (labeled with your child's name and teacher). The class with the most BoxTops submitted between now and then will also earn a PIZZA PARTY!
Giving Parents the Power to Directly Impact Their Own Child’s Classroom Experience
The Ericson PTA is made up of a dedicated and strong group of parents, teachers and staff who are committed to supporting and enhancing the educational experience for all students at Ericson Elementary. Our purpose is to work together to promote the welfare of the children at Ericson Elementary through Fundraising and enrichment programs and activities for students and families.
We invite you to participate by joining the PTA and/or volunteering for events benefiting the Ericson Community. We welcome all levels of participation and will work with you to find an opportunity for you to help once, or often, throughout the year.
The Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.