Welcome to Second Grade in Ms. Templeton’s class. One very important goal for me this year is to instill a love of learning that will continue to last a lifetime. By creating a positive environment, children feel safe to make mistakes, share their thinking and revise their thinking. While taking an active role in their education they learn that their minds can grow with effort, skill and strategy. Through leading by example, and partnering with parents we will embark on a rigorous academic adventure. Here are a few important points pertaining to the first weeks of school:
* Children will line up each morning on the playground by 8:40. Our line will be clearly marked and parents should say their goodbyes at that point.
* Children should have a separate snack and lunch container unless buying.
* I recommend a healthy breakfast to start a successful day. * Dismissal is at 3:15 and parents should plan to meet us in the lunch area for daily pick-up. Thursday dismissal will be at 12:30 and on this day there is no snack period.
* Students should refrain from bringing in items that could be lost, stolen or used as toys.
* A Daily Folder will be sent home for you to review and remove items and should be checked each night.
* Feel free to contact me via email at: email@example.com as this is the most effective way to reach me. Thank you for your support. I am looking forward to a great year!