E. B. Scripps is a high performing school. Our students always perform well above district and state averages on standardized tests each year. In fact, the State of California recognized EBS for exemplary implementation of the Common Core State Standards by naming us a California Gold Ribbon School. Our EBS Technology Academy includes both a Computer lab and a Maker Space engineering and robotics lab. We teach our students to imagine, design and create as a way to learn how to solve complex problems, think outside the box and work with a team, all critical skills for the 21st Century.
It has been an honor to be the principal of EBS for the past 5 years. I began my career in education in 1990 at Jerabek Elementary School where I developed many strong ties to the Scripps Ranch community. Scripps Ranch families are very supportive and involved, and have many wonderful contributions to make to the school. I am grateful to be working in this vibrant community. Active, involved parents and an outstanding school staff are an unbeatable combination. Over the past 5 years I have worked to raise our school to new levels of academic excellence while supporting the strong school culture that has allowed us to become an award-winning school.
As an educator, I know that every moment counts for a child, and affects how they learn and who they become. Our goal at EBS is to provide a world-class educational experience that prepares our students to meet the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century. We value the whole child, academic success, creativity, appreciation of diversity, involvement of parents and community members, collaboration and development of a love of learning.
- B.A. in Psychology from Brown University
- M.A. in Teaching and Learning from UCSD
- Administrative Services Credential Tier II
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Mentor Principal for San Diego Unified
- Mentor Principal for UCSD/SDSU Administrative Tier II Credentialing Program
- Chair of "The Elementary Principals" group for San Diego Unified
- Graduate of California School Leadership Academy
- 18 years administrative experience
- 11 years teaching experience -- grades 2 through 7
- Master Teacher for San Diego State University
- Teaching Assistant in Computer Science at Brown University