Welcome to Ellen Browning Scripps Elementary School, a 2016 California Gold Ribbon School, a California Distinguished School, an Honor Roll School and a San Diego Premier 21st-century Schoolhouse!
E. B. Scripps is a high performing school. Our students continue to perform well above district and state averages on standardized tests each year. In fact, our school was recognized by the State of California for exemplary implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
I am honored to be your principal. I began my career in education in 1990 at Jerabek Elementary School where I developed many strong ties to the Scripps Ranch community. Scripps Ranch families are very supportive and involved, and have many wonderful contributions to make to the school. I am grateful to be once again working in this vibrant community. Active, involved parents and an outstanding school staff are an unbeatable combination. I expect to raise our school to new levels of academic excellence while supporting the strong school culture that has allowed us to become an award-winning school.
As an educator, I know that every moment counts for a child, and affects how they learn and who they become. Our goal at EBS is to provide a world-class educational experience that prepares our students to meet the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century. We value the whole child, academic success, creativity, appreciation of diversity, involvement of parents and community members, collaboration, accountability and development of a love of learning.
I look forward to working with our returning students and parents and meeting all our new families. Go Penguins!
- B.A. in Psychology from Brown University
- M.A. in Teaching and Learning from UCSD
- Administrative Services Credential Tier II
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Mentor Principal for San Diego Unified
- Mentor Principal for UCSD/SDSU Administrative Tier II Credentialing Program
- Chair of "The Elementary Principals" group for San Diego Unified
- Graduate of California School Leadership Academy
- 17 years administrative experience
- 11 years teaching experience -- grades 2 through 7
- Master Teacher for San Diego State University
- Teaching Assistant in Computer Science at Brown University