Principal Liz Sloan welcomes you to EBS!
Our mission is to provide a world-class educational experience that prepares our students to meet the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century successfully. We value the whole child, high academic and civic standards, creativity, diversity, parent and community involvement, collaboration, accountability and lifelong learning.
What Makes Us Special
We are a school community with:
- supportive and involved parents;
- students who come to school eager to learn;
- a compassionate faculty devoted to their work, students and co-workers
- students, parents, teachers and community members dreaming together, keeping a supportive tone at the forefront of their work
- literacy-rich experiences for our students
- a joy for lifelong learning
- scholarly teaching and learning ...
... and the list continues.
Guiding Values and Principles
At Ellen Browning Scripps Elementary School ...
- All decisions are made in the best interests of the children.
- Parents are welcome and visible partners in the teaching and learning process.
- All programs and services are designed to ensure challenges and equal opportunity for all students.
- All programs and services are collaboratively designed.
- Decision-making is collaborative, and consensus is sought. The school principal is the final decision-making authority in the event that consensus cannot be reached or in cases where statute or district policy dictate decision outcomes.
- A "no-fault" policy is practiced, meaning everyone has a right to present his/her opinion about E.B. Scripps' educational program.
- High academic and civic standards exist and are clearly communicated.
- All programs and services are evaluated based on outcomes.
- All members of the school community, including students, school professionals, parents and others, share accountability for student achievement.
- We value lifelong learning and support all members of the school community -- including students, school professionals, parents and others -- to acquire lifelong learning skills.
- We seek to create conditions that promote the growth and development of all members of the school community, including students, school professionals, parents and others.
- We cherish and embrace diversity.
- We focus on the whole child.
- Literacy is the heart of all we do.