Recommended School Supplies
If a student prefers to use their own supplies rather than the free supplies offered by the school, families can use the following as a guideline for purchasing personal supplies. It is recommended that students use a system to organize their schoolwork. This system could be colored file folders or a large three-ring binder (3" preferred) capable of holding paper, notes, corrected assignments, and the Agenda. It is also recommended, but not required, that students have the following supplies:
- an adequate supply of lined paper;
- at least five divider pages for organizing the binder into sections by subject or at least one folder for each class;
- a calculator;
- a zip-pocket for carrying pens, pencils, erasers or flash drives;
- at least three pencils, two pens, and one highlighter;
- a ruler with both inch and centimeter measurements; and
- a backpack to carry all materials.
- a combination lock for PE
This list is only a list of suggestions. De Portola students will be given the supplies necessary to learn for free.