De Portola, a “Taking Center Stage: School to Watch,” strives to be a school where students, staff, parents and community work as a team to ensure excellence in teaching and learning. To accomplish this mission, we have established five major goals:
- Provide a balanced learning program that focuses on the unique academic, social, physical and emotional needs of middle school students;
- Encourage and support on-going professional growth opportunities for all staff;
- Incorporate community resources into the curriculum and encourage student involvement in the community and parent involvement in the school;
- Develop and maintain a positive school climate by promoting open communication and a sense of caring and mutual respect; and
- Actively involve staff and community in shared decision making.