Dear PL Community Members,
The Point Loma Cluster Foundation will hold virtual cluster meetings on Monday, May 18th and June 8th from 4:30 to 5:30 PM. These meetings will be conducted using the Zoom video conferencing application.
We have asked the Point Loma Cluster Principals to update our community on the recent implementation of distance learning. Topics for the May meeting will include:
- General overview of Distance Learning (including schedules and communication methods)
- End of Year activities (graduation/promotion, yearbook signing, student recognition assemblies)
- Special Education
The San Diego Unified School District’s website has an excellent section on some of the more frequently asked questions regarding distance learning, meals, and computers. https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/home. Should you have additional cluster-wide questions, please share it with us through this link PLCSF Cluster Questionsprior to Friday, May 15th.
You may join the meetings by phone or video. Click the link below to join the meeting on your computer.
Or call 1-669-900-6833
Meeting ID: 928 5479 7513
We are expecting a large number of participants. In order to help facilitate our conversation, we are asking participants to do the following:
- This meeting will not be recorded. Please do not make illegal recordings of this meeting.
- Please make sure to document the meeting URL and password in a secure location. You will need this information to join the meeting
- Please login to Zoom ahead of time to verify your audio/video settings are correct
- Please attempt to join the meeting by 4:25 PM. You will be automatically placed in a “waiting area” where you will then be invited into the meeting. By logging in by 4:25 PM, you guarantee the ability to enter the meeting prior to it beginning at 4:30 PM
- All participants will have their microphones muted by the meeting host. This will minimize the amount of background noise during the meeting and it will help others to understand the information being shared
- Unlike a small meeting with six or less participants where it is common to ask questions to the group in real time, we are asking all participants to use the chat feature to submit questions. Our team will be monitoring the chat and will respond via chat when appropriate or forward the question to the host who will respond to the group at large
- Towards the end of the meeting we will attempt to conduct a “round table”. Instead of allowing everyone to speak at once, we will invite people to ask questions by school. During this time, please use the “raise hand” feature to signal that you have a question for the group.
We look forward to seeing you!
The Point Loma Cluster Schools Foundation is a collaborative group of parents, teachers, and principals who are dedicated to vertical alignment of the nine Point Loma cluster schools.
Working together through monthly group meetings and subcommittees, PLCSF builds community, educates parents, supports student achievement, and works to ensure smooth transitions between schools.
PLCSF is dedicated to providing families with:
- Communication - to share what’s going on at the district and cluster levels
- Context - for greater understanding of why district and cluster information matters
- Connections - for opportunities to engage more deeply with student education on a variety of levels
Regular discussions about topics relevant to you and your family occur at each meeting. You can help determine which topics are discussed by providing your feedback here.
You can also get involved as a representative! Talk to the principal of your child’s school if you are interested in being a representative on the PLCSF board. Or simply join us at a meeting to learn more. Meetings are the first Monday of every month October-June.