June 14th is a minimum day. School will end at 12:15 PM.
6th grade students have the opportunity to celebrate the end of the school year during our Field Day activity. 5th grade students will spend the day with their homeroom teacher.
Please help your 6th grade child prepare for this activity by:
- Wearing the appropriate shoes for outdoor running actiities
- Sun hat
- Bottle of water
Field Day is a reward activity. Please see below for an exerpt from our discipline policy:
Rewards for positive choices – The most obvious reward is intrinsic. Hard work pays off! Students who demonstrate a sense of commitment, determination, and perseverance will experience academic and personal success. Reward assemblies are held throughout the semester to acknowledge students who, through hard work and positive choices, have attained a level of success deserving of public recognition. Reward assemblies/activities will be offered to students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Academic grade point average of 2.0 for the most recent reporting period
- Citizenship grade point average of 2.0 for the most recent reporting period
- Fewer than three detentions or Friday Schools for the current semester
- No suspensions for the most recent grading period