Performing at Crown Point Junior Music Academy
For students who live within the boundaries for Crown Point Junior Music Academy, new enrollment is available; check SchoolFinder or the boundary map to find out if you live in the boundary area. For more information, stop by our office or call 858-987-5500; download needed forms. Online enrollment is also available.
Students outside of Crown Point's boundary area have the opportunity to enroll through San Diego Unified's Neighborhood Schools and Enrollment Options program.
Birth Certificate (Original - No copy)
Proof of residency. Can include items such as a utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage document, or military housing orders.
Proof of immunizations against polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (DTaP), hepatitis B (Hep B) and chickenpox (Varicella or proof of having had chickenpox).
- OR -
A permanent medical exemption or personal beliefs exemption.
- See age specific requirements for immunizations below or at http://www.sdiz.org/documents/Sch-CC/iz99aug_2011_2sided.pdf (English/Español)
- Transitional Kindergarten website
Required for students who turn five (5) years between September 2, 2018 and Dec. 2, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
- Copy of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport.
- See Immunization requirements below for Kindergarten. All transitional kindergarten students must meet these immunization requirements.
Kindergarten (New to the district or attendance area)
- Children must be five (5) years or older on or before Oct. 1, 2018, in order to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
Copy of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport.
- Children entering kindergarten and transitional kindergarten should have:
- 5 DTaP - 4 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 4 Polio - 3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 3 Hep B
- 2 MMR (1st dose on or after 1st birthday)
- 1 Varicella
California’s Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) program mandates that every child have a physical examination on file. This must be completed during the kindergarten year. Parents/guardians needing assistance meeting the requirements can call 800-675-2229. You are encouraged to complete this exam at kindergarten entry to make sure your child is healthy and ready to learn.
K-1 Dental Exam (OHA)
Effective January 1, 2007, an Oral Health Assessment (dental examination) by a licensed California dental health professional is required for children entering public school for the first time (at kindergarten or first grade). The Oral Health Assessment must be completed and returned to the school by May 31 of that first school year. Assessments done 12 months prior to school entry also meet this requirement. Obtain the form from the school or your dental health provider to complete.
Parents/guardians may sign a waiver of this requirement, which is found on the OHA form available at the school. There is no penalty or exclusion if this requirement is not met. The parent/guardian can call 800-675-2229 for assistance in finding a provider for the Oral Health Assessment.
All Grade 1 students
Must be at least 6 years old by Oct. 1 unless they have completed a year of public school kindergarten.
For questions regarding the district's immunization requirements, please contact Adrienne Lenhoff in Nursing & Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about immunization requirements and availability of vaccinations, see the Immunization Requirements website.