Student Cell Phone Use
Board of Education Policy H-6980 outlines the rules for student possession and use of cellular phones, pagers and other electronic signaling devices on school campuses, on school buses and at school-sponsored activities, while under the supervision and control of school district employees.
During school 7:30-2:15:
- Cell phones must be out of sight and turned off.
- Cell phones which are turned on or in view will be confiscated.
- Students, texting, photographing, video-recording, or listening to music during school will be assigned detention.
- Students may never use their cell phone during school to call their parents without permission from a school employee.
Before and After School:
- Students may use their cell phones for calling and texting only.
- No photographing, video recording or music playing.
- Cell phones used for camera, video or music will be confiscated and student will be assigned detention.
- First Offense: Cell phone is confiscated and turned over to VP or counselor. Cell phone will be returned to student when student returns completed cell phone contract signed by parents.
- Second Offense: Same as above but phone must be picked up by the parent.
- Third Offense: Same as above and student loses cell phone privileges.
- Students who are texting or using photo/video/music capabilities during school must complete after-school detention in addition to consequences listed above.